Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Hokey Pokey - Scottish Style?!?

After Thanksgiving I was at our nearest grocery store - Tesco. I was just doing my usual food run for the week. All the sudden, as I'm grazing the vegetable isle I hear bagpipes:) Not just that but a whole pipe band, which includes drums as well! They were playing a very familiar tune which I have found is called "Scotland the Brave". You will definitely recognize it.

Another very recognizable tune played often in Pipe Bands is "Amazing Grace". Very beautiful.

Listening to these songs and of course the bagpipes make me want to watch "Braveheart" :) Okay, I'm getting a little too carried away with these links :P (I've always been a sucker for instrumental soundtrack type music:)

Well, they continued to play throughout my shopping experience - epic much? When I got to the cashier I asked her about the pipe band and she seemed annoyed saying, "They play every thirty minutes!?!" I guess they'd been playing all morning and had gotten on her nerves:) Poor girl. At least I was enjoying it!

I was of course kicking my own butt because that day of all days I had not brought my camera with me:( But I wanted to share my pleasure so I called up Lars:) He could barely hear me over the band! I don't think it's as enjoyable over the phone as it was in person...

So, once I got home I made him go back with me (and my camera:) to see and experience it for himself.

Upon my return I find that they've switched things up a bit to make it more fun:) And what's more fun than the Hokey Pokey!!!





And what you've all been waiting for...The VIDEO!!!




ONLY IN SCOTLAND!!!



4 comments:

  1. What a fun blog you guys have: Doner "meat", slugs, bagpipes...you guys have it all! Envious of all the fun you're having. Keep up the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bagpipes are LOUD! I learned that at our veteran's day event at the middle school where they play every year. You should have joined in and hokied up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to the grocery store with my daughter in washington dc... and they had an orchestra playing. I was amazed! But this tops it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I don't know, bagpipes can get pretty irritating:)

      Delete