Sunday, November 14, 2010

Crabs!!!!!!!

It was recently brought to my attention that Nanjing was featured in the Colbert Report.  Here is the link to educate yourself:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/365066/november-09-2010/craziest-f--king-thing-i-ve-ever-heard---crab-vending-machines?xrs=share_fb

Crab Vending Machines!
So, this last weekend we decided to go find these mythical vending machines!  It took a little while but we were able to accomplish our goal.

 

The Chinese are as interested as we are.



As you can see, they are a hot item!  All the biggest, 50 yuan crabs are sold out.  So there you have it, proof that you can put crabs in a vending machine.  The saddest part of this is that I have become so accustomed to China that this doesn't seem that strange to me.

-Lars

5 comments:

  1. Spring and Lars - I just love your blog... I know it takes a lot of time and effort - but I just love it! You both crack me up with the things you find... and also -- I have learned a lot! thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! It's nice to know that people actually read and appreciate the things we find interesting! Love you Sister Blum;)

    Spring

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can I find one of these? I have the rumblies that only hands ... I mean only crabs can satisfy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome that you found these and took a picture. I'm glad I have friends in faraway places....like Nanjing. You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go to Xinjiekou station, Scott. And Steve, were glad to have friends who keep up on the Colbert Report!

    ReplyDelete