Sunday, August 22, 2010

Just a Few of the...Interesting Things We've Seen so Far:)

What does this look like to you?




   Hmmm, maybe HUMAN HAIR!!!



Okay, I know it's just hair and not even attached to a scalp but still a little freaky to wake-up to this outside your room. (Who knows what they are doing while you slumber...*Shudder*)


Then upon my absolute joy to find what us Americans call a Supermarket, I realize that not everything is as it "should" be.

...It's just a bit more "hands-on" than I'm used to...




Definitely had the "fishy" smell going on:(




Not exactly a lucky rabbit's foot.



 

Duck anyone?



 

Yay for frozen vegetables:)




Rice, rice and more rice!





I think these are hearts...?




Haven't tried the Fish Head soup...yet:)





 This guy's actually catching the fish himself and as he was carrying it past me it jumped out onto the floor! (One of the few times I've ever squeaked out loud.) He just looked at me and put the fish back in the net.


But the find that makes it all worth it...



KOOSH BALL SHOES!!!



Spring


5 comments:

  1. OK, so you already know how Mom Shurilla would do in those supermarkets in Nanjing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a Pepsi cooler in the market - you'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Yeah, it's relatively "normal" besides the produce workers yelling at you to buy produce! EAR PIERCING:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. EW EW EW. The hair broom is absolutely disgusting. and the fish...UCK! I hate fish, I don't think I would do well in China :) Hope your having fun though Spring!!! It's time to party...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pictures - the broom - that is just way scary!

    ReplyDelete