Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fitches!

    After a recent trip to the Zhonghuamen (a later blog post, I hope), I decided I would like to get into Bonsai.  So, I bought a plant.  A really cool one.

It is a 榆树 or Chinese Elm.

I got it from a cool store across the street that specializes in hydroponics.  The coolest part is that you can have fish swimming around in the water!


I have one orange fish and one yellow fish.  I'm waiting to see if they live for a week or two before I give them names (there has been some bad luck with pets around here lately).  For now, I refer to them as my fitches.

All in all, I'm more than satified with my new friends.  They bring some life and cheer to my room!

Lars



3 comments:

  1. I'm glad Spring finally made some friends in China!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have to feed the fish? Or is there some kind of symbiotic arrangement with the bonsai?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we feed them cracker crumbs. Om, nom, nom.

    ReplyDelete